Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Waiting Game

It's going to be slow over here for the next few months, since this blog is about making a baby and we aren't trying to make a baby for the next few months.  Today I start the metformin again and start charting tomorrow.  I'd rather have a few charts under my belt to confirm that I'm ovulating and get a better idea of our timing.  No opks until we start trying.  Shit is expensive, I use the smiley opks since the cheap ones stress me out more.

The current argument in our home is when to officially start trying.  I started my new job after Xmas and maternity benefits start a year after, which means the minimum I can get pregnant is march.  I want to start trying then since we most likely wont be successful, and if we were we would narrowly meet the one yr mark at birth.  Husband doesn't want to risk it and wants to wait until April. That's a whole other month which just seems so long.  April?! Sigh, I know he's right but man..April....

I do notice that while I still am wanting to try and get pregnant, it's not as desperate as it was a few months ago.  I think it's because of the new job, I feel more fulfillment and less stress, so perhaps I'm not trying to supplement or find happiness in other ways.

I know this will be good in the long run.  At least that's what I keep repeating to myself.  We will be able to save more money, maybe a few more house projects done.  This will all be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment