Sunday, April 20, 2014

What's new?

So this is happening-


After 2 years, 5 iuis, 1 chemical pregnancy and 35 pounds lost, we are finally pregnant.   

I had a good feeling about this iui.  The iui was on our 9 year anniversary of being together and the test date was Dave's birthday. As we drove away from the RE's office, our wedding song came on.  We hopes that was a good sign. And sure enough a line popped up 2 weeks later! 

It seems surreal and I go from being elated to cautious to feeling like this isn't real and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I keep taking tests to reassure myself that I'm still pregnant. Dave and I talk about the baby but I think we both are not allowing ourselves to get excited until after the ultrasound to see the bean and hear the heartbeat.  The ultrasound is in 2 weeks and time is just ticking by.  I freaked myself out last week reading all about blighted ovums. Blargh!  

Overall I am feeling some pregnancy symptoms. I had nausea since 4 weeks. I'm now almost 6. After eating I dry heave or if I move around a lot. I try taking this as a good sign that the baby is strong and that this is our take home baby. Please keep your fingers crossed and think food thoughts for these next few weeks!  It can't get here soon enough 

No comments:

Post a Comment